2017年7月12日 星期三

What I Have Learned From Listening to the Recorded Dharma Expounded by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III- Helping Others Is the Source of Happiness


What I Have Learned From Listening to the Recorded Dharma Expounded by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III-Helping Others Is the Source of Happiness.



People often say that helping others is the source of happiness. It rings especially true for me as I grew up in a Buddhist family. I feel very happy if others are happy. When I saw a small dead animal by the street, I would find a place to bury it and chant mantras for its well-being in the afterlife. When I had extra household items, I would donate them to help those in need. When I met homeless people on the street, I always helped them as much as I could. At the time of my graduation from college, my goal was to make a lot of money so I could help even more people.

I feel very happy when I can help others.

One day, I met a Buddhist sister who is one of good knowledge in Buddhism. She invited me to her home altar. I prostrated to the Buddha and listened to the recorded dharma expounded by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. Because His Holiness the Buddha’s voice had a Sichuan dialect accent, I found it hard to understand. However, I was determined to concentrate and give my best effort. In the end, with the Buddha’s blessings, I was able to grasp part of the meaning of the dharma.

Through the years, with my Buddhist family background, I have learned a variety of Buddhist rituals and formalities and attended a lot of Buddhist classes for beginners and youth, and dharma assemblies, etc.  However, none of these can be compared to the Dharma of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III, which is truly the greatest I have ever encountered in my life. H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III pointed out to us the proper ways to cultivate oneself (in What is Cultivation? as contained in the dharma transmitted by H.H.Dorje Chang Buddha III) and how to master the dharma with step-by-step instructions how to walk on the path to liberation. I instinctively realized right then that I had found the true Buddha Dharma.  I felt like I have found a treasure and was very grateful for H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III.   I was also very thankful to the Buddhist sister.

Afterward I learned that many disciples of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III had already achieved great accomplishments, for example, H.E. Dharma King Ciren Gyatso Venerable Gar Tongstan IV,H.E. Kai Chu Rinpoche, Jian Hui Dharma Master who can fly in high speed, Hui Xiu Liu who passed away in a sitting position and had attained liberation from the cycle of birth and death, and layperson Yu Shan Ho who gained rebirth in the Western Paradise of the Ultimate Bliss, etc. (They are just a few examples out of many.)

I was very excited for a long time. I want to thank H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III and all Bodhisattvas, who made it possible for me to meet the true ancient Buddha in real life and learn correct Buddha-dharma. I realized that the way I was helping others before was so superficial compared to the true Buddha-dharma. If everyone could listen to the Dharma of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III, cultivate according to the correct dharma, start on personal improvement, do all good deeds and eradicate all evil thoughts, deeds or words, then, the cause and effect would be changed for the better and lead us to liberation from reincarnation and true happiness! I would like to work even harder to help others to get to know and listen to the recorded dharma expounded by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. Only then, will they get on the path to true happiness and liberation.

Xiaofen Hong