2017年7月9日 星期日

I Am Grateful to H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III and Hua Zang Si!


I Am Grateful to H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III and Hua Zang Si!


I got into contact with Hua Zang Si five years ago due to a very accidental karmic condition. Therefore, I feel very fortunate that I can have the opportunity to listen to the recorded dharma discourses expounded by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III.

Last year, due to being taken over, the company I worked for previously had a reorganization. The department I was working at was divided up as a result of the reorganization. Unfortunately, I lost my job that I had worked for 11 years. After becoming unemployed, I was depressed every day. One of the reasons was that my children are still young (in elementary school and middle school). Facing the financial pressure and a sense of loss that I could not explain myself, I just could not feel at ease. I also brought my emotional issues into my family, causing uneasiness to my wife and children. Therefore, the life in my family was no longer as harmonic and happy as before.

During this period of unemployment, I thought about the book Learning from Buddha that I had respectfully received. Within only a few days, I very quickly read it several times from the beginning to the end. I got the understanding that I should rather face and think about the next step with a positive attitude than having my heart filled up with dissatisfaction and bitter complaint. My previous job required me to travel to other countries often. As a result, I was always unable to listen to the dharma often. While staying home and looking for jobs now, I went often to the Hengfu Dharma-Listening Center to listen to the recorded dharma discourses. I am grateful to the discourses expounded by H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III and to the support from Buddhist sister. I cherished and upheld a mentality of learning from the Buddha and listening to the dharma as much as I can and made a good effort to go there and listen to the dharma every day whenever possible. So I listened to the dharma discourse of Learning from Buddha repeatedly, causing me to deeply understand the causes and effects in this world and think differently in my mind. At the same time, I had the time and opportunities to actively participate in Buddhist affairs and events of releasing living beings from captivity.

After being unemployed for three months, a very uncommon karmic condition caused me to apply for a job at a small company. The position and the nature of the work was quite different from my previous professional experience, but I was actually hired. I was very grateful to the recorded dharma discourses for leading me to think positively and the positive energy I have every day.

After starting the job, although I acted diligently and carefully and tried hard to learn, the experience and the background in electrical engineering required by the job were still very difficult for me. Three months later, perhaps due to the project being canceled by the client and also because of my inability to do the work successfully, I became unemployed again (that happened at the end of May)! Thinking back about that now, although I lost that job, the experience of these three months enabled me to learn some new things and experience. In another aspect, that was also very helpful to our family financial situation and health insurance.

I am very grateful to H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III for the revelation and transformation I got from listening to the dharma. Because of that, I was able to face the incident of losing my job for the second time with an open mind and a positive attitude. During this period, I also saw some of my former colleagues passing away in their mid-age or after only a short period of illness, leaving their wives and young children behind. I witnessed or experienced in person the subjects of “Impermanence” and “The Karmic Retributions will follow like a Shadow.” mentioned in the recorded dharma discourses. Such experiences caused me to have many different feelings toward human life than before: The most important thing in learning from the Buddha is to truly apply cultivation in our daily life.

I am grateful that H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III has changed my mental intelligence. Now I try to look at everything or any matter with a very positive attitude and to think and understand more other people’s situations and thoughts. I believe that this form of energy that has been leading me to persistently learn from the Buddha and cultivate myself will definitely and absolutely help me in my life and how I interact with others and matters in the future.

I prostrate to express my gratitude to H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III!

Hua Yin
June 15, 2017